Are you experience in ArtiosCAD design? Are you interested in packaging design and manufacturing? THE RIGHT STAFF is seeking a Structural Designer for a packaging manufacturing in Brooklyn Park, MN.
Ideal candidates will have 3 years of design experience or equivalent education and prior experience with ArtiosCAD software. The Structural Designer is responsible for providing development of package and display design concepts to assigned accounts, markets and/or projects. Fabricate final samples of design concepts for approval and write specifications for cost estimates and production. Act as a resource to sales and other internal teams to enhance the ability of the company to present the concepts to the market.
• Direct Hire - benefits package included!
• Brooklyn Park, MN
• 1st Shift - Normal business hours
• Pay $55-70K DOE
• Benefits package includes Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance; FSA, 401k plus match, Educational Assistance, PTO, and Holiday pay.
• Creates new package and display design concepts by using CAD system to develop designs that meet customers' needs and expectations in a creative, timely and efficient manner.
• Coordinates design concepts and fabricates samples of design concepts; i.E. Containers, interior packaging, and displays.
• Responsible for the design deliverables on multiple projects at one time.
• Establishes and maintains vendor relations to obtain support materials for design projects. • Looks to identify vendors and processes to improve our design products and outputs.
• Seeks additional information on key markets to present new and innovative designs and solutions to assigned clients.
• Documents accurate and detailed specifications on completed design projects for Estimating and Production.
• Maintains information on freight regulations, production equipment limitations, hazardous materials requirements, packaging materials and performance and drop testing procedures.
• Understands variables related to production costs and estimating procedures.
• Develops fabrication assembly drawings of specific designs as requested.
• Participates in design trade shows and seminars and remains abreast of new state-of-the-art design systems and equipment.
• Develops and maintains relationships with other design firms, reviews catalogs, and periodicals and newsletters focused on package design concepts.
• Confers with customers and/or Sales Representatives to provide solutions and ideas to enhance GNC's ability to secure additional business.
• Advises customers and management on efficient packaging procedures, innovations in packaging materials, and utilization of sealing and fastening devices.
• Maintains awareness of display and packaging trends and looks for methods to adopt innovative solutions to display and packaging challenges.
• Interfaces daily with Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Shipping/Receiving and Production employees to design and develop optimum structural designs.
• High school diploma with a minimum of two years vocational/trade school CAD system design certificate or equivalent CAD design experience.
• Previous packaging industry experience with an emphasis in manufacturing operations and CAD system design or equivalent. 3 years' experience preferred.
• Experience in ArtiosCAD required.
• Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, influence and implement change.
• Strong creative sense, ability to navigate in 3D dimensions/understanding of spatial relations.
• A demonstrated understanding of algebraic and geometric concepts.
• Must also demonstrate the ability to interpret drawings (customer specifications) and the ability to understand a variety of basic corrugated container designs.
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Publisher and Excel spreadsheet applications). Exposure to other computer software such as CAD system design software.
• Exposure to a Sales, Manufacturing/Machine routing distribution environment preferred.
Send resumes to email@example.com or call/text us at #763-478-5454
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To view additional positions and apply directly, go to our website: www.therightstaff.com/searchjobsnow
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist YOU! Let us help YOU create YOUR Success!
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.