Top 200 Workplace - Direct-hire Opportunity - Excellent Company Culture!
The Database Administrator (DBA) supports management and maintenance of multifunctional databases, in particular our Data Warehouse. Administers production, development and test databases and is responsible for performing many related database functions, one of which will include applying Oracle and other OS security patches. May assist in resolution for production issues and is responsible for back up disaster recovery, data replication using tools such as OEM, RMAN, OCI Cloud and Data Guard. Collaborates with Data Engineers and Data Analysts to assist with SQL Query, Schema optimization and ETL tools.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains production, development, and quality assurance hardware environments.
• Help design as well as support and administer applications, databases, and data related workflows.
• Proactively monitors and supports the health, performance, and integrity of the Data Warehouse and related systems.
• Supports the change management process. Leverage relevant support to resolve issues and bugs.
• Leverage relevant support to resolve issues and bugs.
• Performance preventive maintenance functions on the database and application as appropriate.
• Supports both data warehouse and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
• Collaborates with Data Engineers and Data Analysts to assist with SQL Query, Schema optimization and ETL tools.
• Improve solutions for data ingestion and performance management. (Latency reduction, stability, response etc.)
• Assist in resolution for production issues and is responsible for back up disaster recovery, data replication using tools such as OEM, RMAN, OCI Cloud and Data Guard
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Experience with SQL tuning, installation, and configuration of software, applying DB patches, UNIX shell scripting and have basic UNIX administration skills. (Oracle environments a plus, but not required)
• Experience with Data Warehousing and related components including database servers.
• Knowledge of open-source data solutions is a plus, including Big Data solutions. (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
• Knowledge of database tuning and system performance tuning.
• Knowledge of open source ETL tools (Pentaho is a plus, but not required)
• Sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, and systems administrators.
• Ability to troubleshoot data issues as they arise in concert with other DBAs.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field; and/or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of Oracle experience required
• 3+ years of database administration experience required
• Travel Requirements: up to 10%
• Reports To: Director, Data and Analytics
SCHEUDLE, PAY, AND BENFITS FOR THE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR:
• Monday to Friday - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Remote/hybrid flexibility available
• Office Located in Downtown Minneapolis
• $95, 000+/year depending on experience
• Direct-hire opportunity! Excellent benefits package included!
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com or call 763-478-5454 for more details.
Applicants selected for this position with our client will be required to complete a background check and drug screen. Successful completion of these assessments is required for further consideration.
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you!
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.