Are you looking to get into a law enforcement career? THE RIGHT STAFF is seeking a Corrections Officer I in Elk River. This position is a DIRECT HIRE role.
• Oversee inmates during job assignments, meals, recreation, and visitation
• Conduct inmate security checks, conduct searches of inmates, and building areas
• Explain inmate rules and maintain discipline
• Intervene in emergency situations such as fights and medical emergencies
• Deliver inmate meals
• administer medication and carry out treatment of medical issues including referring inmates to medical staff as necessary
• Secure inmate property
• Release inmates as appropriate
• Conduct head counts and supervise access
• Mitigate problems or disagreements between inmates
• Complete required forms and reports
• Assist with video visitation for inmates
• Occasional transportation of inmates
• Perform booking procedure when inmates arrive
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid MN Driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills, ability to hear normal range of radio and speech, and ability to visually observe persons and conditions. Must have ability to work independently, maintain a calm and professional manner at all times, and have the ability to physically restrain inmates if necessary.
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Two years of full-time work experience in any occupation
HOURS, PAY and BENEFITS:
• Direct Hire
• Elk River, MN
• Rotating Shifts- 12 hour and 8 hour
• 12-hour shift- working 7 of 14 days; 2 days on, 2 days off or 3 days on 3 days off, one shift would be an 8-hour shift
• 8 hour shift - 6 days on 3 days off
• Pay: Starting $26.67/HR
Any offer of employment will be contingent on successful completion of an interview, pre-employment physical examination, psychological examination, and background investigation. Your pre-employment physical examination will include a drug test.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending your Microsoft Word 2003 or higher resume to email@example.com
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To view additional positions and apply directly, go to our website: www.therightstaff.com/searchjobsnow
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist YOU! Let us help YOU create YOUR Success!
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.