DIRECT HIRE - TRAINING AND ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES - COMPETITIVE BENEFITS
Are you looking to get into a law enforcement career? Have you considered starting a career in Corrections? THE RIGHT STAFF is seeking a Corrections Officer I in the Northwestern Metro area. This position is a DIRECT HIRE role, no prior corrections experience is required.
As a Correctional Officer, you will be overseeing inmates during their daily activities and assignments, performing booking and release procedures, security checks/searches, passing medications, documentation, and other duties as assigned.
• Competitive pay and opportunity for training and advancement
• Medical Coverage; employee only 100%, options for employee + coverages also available
• Employer-paid term life policy
• Other optional benefits include Dental, Vision, Additional Supplemental Life, Short and Long-term disability, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Care Insurance, Deferred Compensation
• 12 paid holidays and 21 PTO days to start
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Public Employees Retirement (PERA)
• Valid MN Driver's license
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills, ability to hear a normal range of radio and speech, and ability to visually observe persons and conditions. Must have the ability to work independently, ability to maintain a calm and professional manner at all times, and have the ability to physically restrain inmates when necessary.
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Two years of full-time work experience in any occupation
• Direct Hire
• Northwestern Metro
• Rotating Shifts- 12 hour and 8 hour
• 12-hour shift- working 7 of 14 days; 2 days on, 2 days off or 3 days on 3 days off, one shift would be an 8-hour shift
• 8 hour shift - 6 days on 3 days off
• Pay: Starting $27.60/HR
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call/Text Us at #763-478-5454
This position will require an extensive background process. The background process will include a criminal background, medical evaluation, drug test, psychiatric evaluation, and other verifications/checks.
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you! Visit www.therightstaff.com to view all openings.
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.